He earned his Bachelor of Science degree at Brown University in 1978, graduating with Honors in Geology-Biology. In 1982, he received his Medical Degree, Cum Laude from SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse. He completed his General Surgery Internship at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, California in 1983, and his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Boston University in 1987.
He was Clinical Assistant Professor at Boston University School of Medicine and Director of The Lahey Clinic Foot and Ankle Fellowship. In Florida, he has served on the Voluntary Faculty of the Dept. of Family Medicine from 2000 to present as Affiliate Assistant Professor, including the Sports Medicine Fellowship training program.
Certifications and Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- ABOS Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certificate.
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, and Foot and Ankle International.